Somewhere to review books I'm reading without giving away any spoilers!
Author: Sarah Balance
Publisher: Entangled Lovestruck, Entangled Publishing
Published: September 18th, 2015
Take one country girl and send her to the New York City, surrounded by concrete, unsmiling folk and no greenery and you’ve one unhappy girl . . . or have you? After having pickle spilt over her in the supermarket, getting trapped in a lift, staring at the four walls of her brother’s apartment (which she’s looking after for the fortnight he’s away) then his air conditioner starting to smoke and she’s going to take some convincing that the city is the place to be! California landscape artist Estelle Donovan meets Crosby Chase in the supermarket then again when he comes to repair the Air Con. She tells him of her hatred of the city and he bets he can find five things she’ll love about it before her two week stay is over, the major danger for her is that he’ll be one of the things she loves! With Mortimer the cat in attack mode, workaholic Crosby is going to have to forget his family business and work hard to convince her!
Keeping to the theme then, here are five things I love about this book:
1. The banter between all the characters is hilarious and written so it feels like you’re listening to them as you read it.
2. Great characters, well developed, folks you could really relate to!
3. Crosby’s brothers and family, their interactions, reactions and support for each other in their very different ways.
4. The airport scene towards the end.
5. The whole book – superbly written, great plot and highly entertaining!
Definitely an author I’ll be looking out for in future, I have no hesitation in highly recommending this to anyone who like their romance with humour as well as plenty of angst and turmoil!
Thanks to the authors, publisher and NetGalley, too for letting me read an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.
This book is available from a variety of sources including