Guest Post: My Top Five Must-Haves to be a Brilliant Bridesmaid by Boone Brux
Random Acts of Marriage is the second book in my romantic comedy series, Wedding Favors. The books follow the plight of the bridesmaids after they agree to do the bride a favor that pushes them out of their comfort zone. I thought a great post would be my top five must-haves to be a brilliant bridesmaid. Let’s face it, you’re going to have to do a lot of things you don’t want to, but you can sail through the stressful event if you keep these five things close at hand.
- Shooters. I’m talking about the alcohol kind, not assassins. At some point you’re going to need to calm the bride or yourself down. Give bridezilla a shot of fireball, and take one for yourself.
- MacGyver kit. Sewing supplies, chocolate, duct tape (seriously, never leave home without this). Have I mentioned shooters? Tampons, pads, hair ties, super glue, clear nail polish, and a lot of single dollar bills. (Though, that’s probably more for the bachelorette party.)
- Speaking of which, penis paraphernalia. A bridesmaid is only as good as the penis supplies she purchases for the bachelorette party and shower. Penis straws are good. Penis straws that light up are great. A bride tiara is good. A bride tiara made out of penises is great. I’m sure you get the idea.
- A oneness with the bride. If she’s pissed that Aunt Betty is bringing an uninvited plus one, then you’re pissed. If the bows are clearly pink and not blush, and the groom doesn’t get it, then it’s your job to be incensed for your friend. All emotions, logical or illogical, should be supported.
- Sage advice. Be the voice of reason without sounding like the voice of reason. For example, “The confetti cannon is a brilliant idea, as long as those tiny bits don’t get stuck on your freshly applied lip gloss.” Or, “It’s so nice that your mom wants everybody to be involved. She even has your Uncle Charlie tending bar. How are his AA meetings going?” It’s all in the delivery.
There hundreds of ways to be a bridesmaid for your special friend. To find out what favor Kinni has to do for her friend, pick up Random Acts of Marriage from Entangled Publishing.
Many thanks to Boone for writing this Guest Post.
You can find out more about ‘Random Acts of Marriage’ and read my review of it here!